Stainless Steel Louvers
At Fortitude Specialty Manufacturing, we take pride in manufacturing custom stainless steel louvers for a variety of customers in the petrochemical, power generation, construction and other industries. We fabricate our stainless steel louvers using the 304 and 316 alloy grades to manufacture a variety of louver types including architectural, decorative, gable, stamped and heavy duty for our customers' requirements. While we manufacture stainless steel louvers, we can also custom fabricate louvers in galvanized steel and in aluminum.
Benefits of Stainless Steel
For durability, corrosion resistance, tensile and shear strength, stainless steel louvers are a great choice. Stainless steel louvers are chosen often for their long lasting attractive appearance, perfect for building facades where louvers will be highly visible. Stainless steel also retains its strength at high temperatures, which can be a factor in extreme environments.
Stainless steel has hygienic advantages, making it the right choice for louvers that might be used in clean room environments, in laboratories, and in pharmaceutical or food processing situations. Stainless steel louvers do not require painting, anodizing or other surface treatments. Stainless steel louvers are a great choice for harsh and corrosive environments. And while stainless steel is initially more costly than other materials, its low maintenance needs and long life expectancy can make it the most cost-effective over the long run.
Aside from cost, among the factors that might make stainless steel a less appropriate choice for your particular louver application is its relatively heavy weight.
Stainless Steel Louver Grades - 304/316
Fortitude Specialty can use the most common 304 stainless steel alloy, as well as the even tougher and more corrosion resistant 316 stainless steel alloy in the manufacture of our louvers and other products.
Louver GalleryView All
Types of Louvers We Fabricate
- Architectural / Decorative Louvers: Sometimes functional, sometimes just for looks, Fortitude Specialty can make them in just about any shape or size.
- Gable Louvers: For venting and exhaust of attic spaces, or for appearances, Fortitude Specialty can manufacture your gable custom louvers.
- Stamped Louvers: For ventilation of an enclosure, door or anything else, Fortitude Specialty can supply stamped louvers in almost any configuration or size.
- Heavy Duty Louvers: For tough environments, like oil-rigs on the open sea, Fortitude Specialty has the expertise and experience to manufacture heavy-duty louvers for the job.
For "adjustable custom louvers," see Dampers.
Fortitude Specialty’s custom precision metal fabrication capabilities make us particularly well suited to manufacture stainless and carbon steel louvers that perfectly fit and complement the environment in which they will be used. Just about any size and shape of louver is within our capacity to manufacture.
Formed to Fit Your Requirements
Our louvers are created through a metal forming process (not through a metal extrusion process), which gives us the flexibility required to manufacture a unique product that fits the requirements of each customer’s application. Fortitude Specialty’s metal forming process also allows for the manufacture of stainless and carbon steel louvers that meet close tolerances.
- MIG and TIG welding of all alloys (GMAW, FCAW, GTAW certified welders and welding to ASME Sec. IX & AWS D1.1 code)
- 12' press brakes up to 350 tons with CNC back gauging
- CAD/CAM design and programming
- Saw, torch, and plasma cutting
- CNC precision shearing up to 12 ft. in 1/4" carbon steel, 3/8" aluminum and 3/16" stainless steel
- Water jet precision cutting with a 12'x12' working envelope and dual cutting heads
- CNC punching up to 1/4" plate
- Rolling up to 1/4" x 8' long
We have finishing options (powder coat or wet paint) available when needed. Although we are not paint experts by trade or claim to be, we do offer coating/application services through outside sources. All coating will be at the customer's request and specification. To ensure that our customers receive the proper coatings for their applications, we require the customer's approval on their specifications prior to coating. Fortitude Specialty does not make coating recommendations for any application. Essentially, you tell us the kind of coating or finish you need or prefer and we will make sure that coating or finish is applied properly.
Whether you have CAD drawings ready or just verbal instructions to provide, you can be confident that Fortitude Specialty has the experience, know-how and determination to follow-through on your project and manufacture custom stainless steel louvers that will fit your application.
Request A Quote From Fortitude Specialty Manufacturing
or call us today at 713.645.3370